We invite you to apply for ACBC’s internship program!
ACBC interns are people who are interested in biblical counseling and want to deepen their knowledge and contribute to the ministry. Currently, the internship is only available at the Kansas City, MO office location.
Program duration: 2020-2021 Academic Year: August 24-April 29
Requirements: Minimum of 10 volunteer hours to assist ACBC with projects per week. These hours can be completed in the ACBC offices or remotely depending upon the nature of the projects assigned. The hours are also flexible and can be adjusted according to specific interns and their schedules.
Benefits: ACBC will reimburse each year-long intern the tuition of one class at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary or Spurgeon College.
Available Internship Positions
All interns must be willing to assist additional ACBC staff in various duties as assigned.
The events intern will help plan and manage our regional training events and Annual Conference. Responsibilities may include traveling to events, answering event questions, setting up schedules and itineraries, contributing to marketing strategies, and developing new initiatives for improving attendee experience. The ideal intern will be administratively skilled and detail-oriented. Project Management experience is a plus.
The media intern will help to edit and curate ACBC’s media resources. The media intern will edit audio and video content through the Adobe Creative Suite. Prior knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or a willingness to learn the program is necessary.
The resource intern will help to highlight ACBC’s existing resources, as well as generate ideas for new content. Responsibilities include editing blogs, transcribing podcasts, posting completed blogs, and more.
The design intern will create visual content to promote ACBC’s brand and events. Primary duties will involve assisting with graphic design needs through the Adobe Creative Suite. Other design interests or skills are welcomed, and photography experience is a plus.
Member Support Intern
The member support intern will assist staff related to membership and certification. Tasks are primarily administrative and provide a unique insight into the inner-workings of a Christian non-profit organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing continuing education approval processes for members, interacting with certified members via email and phone, and assisting ACBC staff in evaluating training curriculum from applying training centers.
Other Positions Available
Do you have a different skill that would be beneficial to ACBC’s ministry? Let us know and we can consider other internship roles for you.
Expectations of ACBC Interns
- Be a growing, servant-hearted believer who is in agreement with ACBC’s doctrinal statements.
- Actively support, promote, and be committed to ACBC’s mission and strategic and operational plans for the purpose of advancing the cause of biblical counseling.
- Exhibit Christlike conduct and speech at all times and with all people. Be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger in all situations (James 1:19-20). Gather adequate information before making a judgment (Proverbs 18:2, 13, 15, and 17). As a representative of ACBC and biblical counseling, you are expected to live out what we teach. Be quick to make things right when you have erred (Matthew 5:23-24; Romans 12:18).
- Be self-motivated and able to multi-task, with a concern for details, organization, and efficiency.
- Suggest ideas and strategies that would enhance ACBC’s effectiveness.
- Respond to messages and emails promptly in a respectful, courteous, and professional manner.
- Be willing to grow in skills and abilities related to your job.