Are personality tests useful?
Counseling is about Christian growth, and Christian growth is not about changing your personality, but maturing your personality to better reflect the character of God. So what are we to do with the popular personality tests and personality constructs of our day?
Listen to this 15 minute podcast where Dr. Dale Johnson and Dr. Jeremy Pierre discuss a biblical framework for how Christians should think about personality traits and personality tests.
- What does the Bible say about personalities?
- How much influence do our personalities have on us?
- How should Christians think about the enneagram?
- Understanding the scope of personality tests — what they can do, cannot do, and dangers to avoid.
- Why does this matter for counseling?
- The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience — Jeremy Pierre
- ACBC Counselor’s Toolbox Website