Counseling and Discipleship Training Agreement
Honorarium and Speaking
- Non-ACBC staff speaking at a CDT weekend will receive $250 per lecture.
- Honoraria checks will be delivered by the Conference Director upon arrival at the conference event or mailed to the speaker after the event.
- Speakers will lecture 3-7 sessions each weekend.
- Speakers will update ACBC if they develop new lectures that can be used for the Advanced Theology or Advanced Methodology Tracks.
- Speakers will update ACBC if they are able to preach at a local church the Sunday following a CDT weekend. (please do so when you accept the speaking invitation)
- Attendee notes are required, but PowerPoint is not required for speakers.
- All speaker notes must be turned in 60 days prior to the first CDT weekend.
- All notes must conform to the ACBC template (attached). Speakers can also email the conference director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaker notes must be complete and not formatted for fill-in-the-blanks.
- Notes cannot be altered after the notebooks have been printed.
- Notes cannot be added (digitally or via print) after the notebooks have been printed. ACBC will not send out or print out additional notes after the notebook is complete.
- Speakers must follow any notes they turn in for the conference notebook.
- Notes should be in Times New Roman 12pt font. Headings can be in 14pt font and footnotes should be 10pt font.
- Notes should be in portrait orientation.
- Please turn in notes via email to email@example.com under the following nomenclature for file names.
- First Name Last Name – Season (Fall or Spring) Year – Session Title
- Example: Nate Grote – Spring 2019 – Idols of the Heart
- All PowerPoint must be turned in 30 days prior to the first CDT weekend for approval.
- All PowerPoint must conform to the ACBC template (attached).
- In order to avoid format conversion issues, speakers must bring their laptop to use during their lectures.
- Copyrighted clip art must be removed from presentations
- Because many churches use Pro-Presenter, Speakers should not include animations in PowerPoints. If the church uses Pro-Presenter, ACBC has no power to make your presentations work properly. Pro-Presenter does not support animations.
Reimbursement and Travel
- Meals purchased during travel to and from the conference will be reimbursed up to $30 per day.
- On the Friday of the event, speakers will be responsible for their lunch and can be reimbursed. An early dinner will be provided on-site at the conference for all the speakers and ACBC staff.
- Expenses such as parking, shuttles, or transportation to and from the airport will also be reimbursed.
- In order to received reimbursement, speakers must fill out the “Expense reimbursement form” on our website com/reimbursements
- Transportation to and from the airport will be provided by the hosting location and coordinated by the Conference Coordinator. Rental cars will not be reimbursed by ACBC. If a speaker desires a rental car, they will incur the costs for renting it (unless otherwise agreed upon by ACBC Conference Coordinator).
- All speakers and staff will receive a detailed itinerary from the Conference Director 10 days in advance of the CDT weekend in which they are participating.
- Plane tickets will be purchased by ACBC. Tickets will be purchased 60+ days in advance. The Conference Coordinator will be in communication with all speakers regarding their flight preferences and schedules before finalizing tickets.
- Speakers are welcome to use any of their recorded lectures given at a CDT weekend for their ministry. Upon request, personal lectures can be provided to speakers via ACBC free of charge.
Audio and Video Waiver
I _________________________________hereby give full authorization and permission to allow the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) to record, edit, transcribe, and sell any audio and video recorded during the 2020 Counseling and Discipleship Trainings.
ACBC can record, edit and sell any audio or video recordings, or publish transcriptions of the content I present at this event(s). I do hereby release ACBC, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately and to market and sell copies. I waive any rights, claims or interest I may have to control the use of my identity or likeness in whatever media used. I understand that there will be no additional compensation other than the honorarium for recording me, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understood the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.