Every year the ACBC staff releases a list of their top 10 recommended counseling books from November to November to be voted on for the best counseling book of the year. The ACBC membership will vote to select the “2017 Counseling Book of the Year.” This book will be chosen only by currently certified members. Below are the nominations for consideration. The number one book that is selected will be announced at the end of December on the ACBC blog.
1.Pamela Gannon and Beverly Moore, In the Aftermath: Past the Pain of Childhood Sexual Abuse
3. Sean Perron and Spencer Harmon, Letters to a Romantic: On Engagement
4. Paul Tautges, Pray About Everything: Cultivating God-Dependency
5. Jim Newheiser, Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage: Critical Questions and Answers
6. Edward T. Welch, A Small Book about a Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience, and Peace
7. David Powlison, How Does Sanctification Work?
8. Wayne A. Mack, Anger and Stress Management God’s Way
9. John D. Street and Janie Street, The Biblical Counseling Guide for Women
10. Greg E. Gifford, Helping Your Family Through PTSD